Switching to energy-efficient food service equipment can reduce your facility’s energy consumption by up to two-thirds, according to ENERGY STAR®. We can help your business maximize those savings.
We will help you find a contractor to assess your facility for eligible rebates toward the installation of energy-efficient food service equipment.
Rebates are available for:
- ENERGY STAR ice machines
- ENERGY STAR certified steam cookers and servers
- Dishwasher pre-rinse sprayers
- Variable frequency drive (VFD) on fan (kitchen exhaust fan)
- Vending machine controllers
- High efficiency refrigerator/freezer cases
- Night covers for display cases
- Optimization of your walk-in refrigerator by:
- Adding strip curtains, door gaskets and automatic door closers
- Installing anti-sweat heater controls
- Replacing incandescent light bulbs with ENERGY STAR certified LEDs that generate considerably less heat
- Suction pipe insulation
- Equipping evaporator and condenser fans with electronically commutated motors that can reduce energy consumption by about two-thirds
- Apply for rebates of $.05/kWh saved annually, offsetting upgrade costs and reducing payback time
- Lower operating costs
- Reduce maintenance costs with longer-lasting equipment
- Improve work environment and productivity by increasing comfort and safety
Sample Savings— and, you can estimate your rebates for Food Service, DHW and Refrigeration.
|Project||Unit||Estimated Annual kWh Savings1||Rebates2|
|Evaporative fan motor controls||per fan||2,705||$ 135|
|Install occupancy sensor on 500-can beverage vending machine||per machine||2,250||$ 113|
|Anti-sweat door heater controls||per door||1,882||$ 94|
|Pre-rinse spray valve||per unit||1,222||$ 61|
1 Pennsylvania 2016 Technical Reference Manual.
2 Based on $0.05/kWh saved. Actual incentive rate per kWh may vary.
Please note: Rebates will vary based on facility type and hours. Consult a program engineer for information.