Direct Discount Program
Want to be more energy efficient but fear the upfront cost and time? The PPL Direct Discount Program provides attractive incentives for measures such as lighting, compressed air, and refrigeration to help small businesses offset project costs. Best of all, there’s no paperwork, just quick and long-term savings. All small business GS-1 or GS-3 rate code customers are eligible.
Developed with the Small Business in Mind
- Offers higher incentive to help offset the capital investment for energy efficiency projects
- Requires that improvements be installed by an approved PPL contractor
- No application for the customer. The contractor handles the paperwork!
- All small and medium PPL business customers with a GS1 or GS3 rate code are eligible. Not sure of your rate code? Check your current utility bill. If it states GS1 or GS3, you’re eligible for a incentive
- For retrofit projects only. If you have a new construction project, it can be submitted through our Standard program
- All projects require pre-approval prior to beginning construction in order to remain eligible.
- Efficient Equipment incentives calculated at $0.10/kWh based and $185 per kW annually – up to 80% of total project cost.
- Custom projects are now available! incentives calculated at $0.14/kWh based on annual kWh savings (over 2X the standard program) – up to 80% of total project cost
- Incentives are paid directly to the contractor. Customer is responsible for a much lower portion of the project costs due to the incentive.
- Lighting upgrades requires integrated fixtures; no bulbs or lamps.
View our list of eligible measures.
Direct Discount Contractors
View our list of participating Direct Discount contractors.